Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Auto Air Conditioning in the Winter? Yup!


Well, this morning I have woken up to snow, which was a surprise since we have not seen much of the white stuff here on the East Coast.

I received this e-mail from my service department at BMW, so I thought I would share it with you.

"With the brisk winter upon us, it is especially important to make sure that your BMW maintains its great running condition. Well, we at BMW we would like to inform you of a few tips that may come as a surprise, but more importantly, are necessary to the maintenance of your BMW X5.

Did you know that it is important to run your BMW's air conditioning at least once a month, especially when the mercury falls? Here is why: The air conditioning system contains seals that are lubricated during use. Running the air conditioning keeps the seals fresh and the air pathways clear.

Did you also know, that when it is humid, you can clear fog from the windshield and other windows by running the air conditioning? This works year-round. Just one more reason to run the A/C! Hopefully, you find this information useful."

I am not a mechanic, but I can only assume that this would be beneficial for all vehicles. I can't wait to go turn my air conditioning! Maybe I will wait until the temperature is in the single digits this weekend!



No comments: