Friday, February 2, 2007

Listening to Music While Cleaning your Home or Office

I don't know about you, but cleaning is not one of my fortes. Sure I enjoy a clean house, it seems to bring me more energy, and clear thinking, but with my busy schedule I am ashamed to say that it is not always first on the list. Today was the day that I actually scheduled a cleaning time, but first I created an atmosphere that helped me enjoy the task just a bit more.

Today the cloud cover is heavy since we are expecting snow and I did not want start a fire in the fireplace since I ould not be able to sit down in front of it to enjoy (yet), so I lit the
Votivo aromatic candles that I have scattered around my home. Then I put on some great music to help lift my spirits. George Winston's December, Piano Solos: 20th Anniversary Edition is one of my favorites. I remember when I was selling real estate in the 80's (oh... I feel so old when I say that) I used to play his CD's during the open houses to set the mood along with the old trick of baking cookies in the oven.

Today I found that the cleaning went a little smoother than usual, just because of my music and candles. Now I am going to get ready to make myself some lunch and possibly put some logs in the fireplace. Then reality will set in. I brought home 4 client projects to work on.

What do you like to do to help get you in the mood for cleaning to make it a little less of a chore and more like a treat?

No comments: