Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Pedicure by Mail!


I confess, I love to be pampered, and with my hectic schedule, there never seems to be enough time. The package I received from Sunflower Hill was the answer. As soon as I opened the box, not quite sure what was inside, my senses were awakened by the soft hint of peppermint. I was intrigued to find out more about the contents of this box.

Packaged to perfection was a four piece pedicure set from Sunflower Hill, http://www.sunflowerhillsoap.com , which is located in Hollis Center, Maine. The foot soak, soap, creme, and pedi-slippers were all encased in a clear vinyl bag topped with purple boa feathers.

I opened the bag and the scent of peppermint was now, undeniable. I filled my tub with just enough hot water to start my night of self pampering. The foot soak felt wonderful. Before the granules of softening dead sea salts melted, I ran my feet over them as part of my spa experience. Then I followed up with the foot care soap. I must say the only draw back to this product was that the packaging was so good! I had trouble getting the protective wrap off of the dual-sided soap. The pumice, which was encapsulated with some of the creamy soap, worked through to the surface as I rubbed it over my tired feet.

Now, I was ready for the foot creme. After rubbing on the whipped concoction of shea butter, grape seed oil, and peppermint oil, I was left with a unique cooling and tingling sensation. After completing the pedicure steps, I slipped on the enclosed pedi-slippers, grabbed my nail polish color of the week, and proceeded to complete my home pedicure. No, I won't forget where my local spa and pedicure chair is, but my boa topped bag will certainly get more visits!

No comments: