Thursday, February 1, 2007

Designing a room on the ocean

Today, I started working on a room that I am redecorating for a decorators showhouse, that will be open to the public this Spring. While I was there, I could not help but wonder what it would be like to wake up every morning in that home which sat right on the oceans edge. You could hear the sound of the ocean waves right out the window. I was lucky enough to win the bid on the ladies sitting room and I can't wait to see the finished product. We chose the color Cayman Island for the walls with dove white as the trim. The fabrics are all going to be in the family of soft beige with a touch of blue as accents. A writing desk will be set under the window so that visitors coming through the home, can imagine sitting and writing a hand written note to an old friend. A quote I will be adding to the room is "To much of a good thing can be wonderful" Mae West . Sure, I can imagine living there could be a pure luxury, but I also have to keep in mind the repairs and upkeep homeowners on the ocean have to contend with, especially with our Hurricanes and Nor'easters.

Do you have a home on the ocean? What are your thoughts or stories?

No comments: