Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blinc Mascara Review

By Linda Calder:



I've had the pleasure of testing Blinc mascara, and when I first opened the box, my teenage daughter was right there ready to grab whatever popped out of the box first. Luckily for me, my little grasshopper does not have the swift hand and eye coordination that comes with many years of mall training. I was able to scoop the products into my hand before she was even able to bat her beautiful brown eyelashes. "Ahh... my little grasshopper, don't worry, you will soon be able to master the speed of shopping". I guess I need to take her to some more training at Sephora during a new product launch.



Any hooo... I was looking forward to trying this product. I first heard about it when a client of mine told me she worked for Hospice, and we started talking about crying. Well, I have to tell you, she was the best ad campaign for Blinc mascara! She raved about how she could cry and rub her eyes without the tiniest bit of smudge, or should I say... McSmudge. Since I am a habitual sobber, even during Hallmark commercials, I had to try it!



To begin with, I have very long lashes. If I am not careful, I end up looking like Raggedy Ann. My friends hate when I complain that my lashes are hitting the lenses of my sunglasses. Curling for me is a must, but I must have lashes of steel. I am never able to get a curl to stay. Since I am a makeup addict, I don't mind the extra steps that it might take to make a "look" work. I first tried the heated curler from Blinc. It did put a nice curve on my lashes, but I was hoping for a little more. When I first stroked the wand of Blinc's mascara on my lashes, I was pleasantly surprised that there was absolutely no clumping. I proceeded to place the second coat on my lashes and was amazed at how my eyelashes looked. Now that the mascara was dry, I had to try something that was not recommended in my enclosed instructions. I used the heated curler on my lashes after the mascara set. Hallelujah! I got the best curl ever! Is it wrong to use it after? I don't know, but when I got comments from friends and family on how awake and happy I looked, I giggled and said "It's my curled lashes!"



I was addicted to my waterproof liner, and thought that I would never find a better product, but after using Blinc's liner, I felt a "Dear John" letter coming on. This new liner, I was trying, touched me in just the right way. I thought all liquids would feel the same gliding on, but this one was different. It felt very light and watery, but not runny. I did have to let it set a bit longer than my other liner, but the maximum wear is well worth it.



One thing I did want to mention is this. For years, I thought I was fighting a case of dark circles under my eyes, but since I started using Blinc, I found that the darkness under my eyes was residue from my other makeup lines! I thought I was getting it all with my makeup remover. Even though the cost of Blinc's mascara is more than my other line, I don't have the expense of having to buy a remover, and I don't have to spend any extra time taking it off. The mascara and liner lasted during my huge crying bout while watching "The Notebook" and it lasted during swimming in our pool and the ocean. The only time I found it wanted to come off was during time in our hot tub. Yeah Duh! Hot water and steam, this is all that is needed to gently slide the tubes off my lashes... how could I forget. I was pleased to find that if I did not touch my lashes, the mascara seemed to reset itself. I'll have to ask the company if this is possible.

No comments: