Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Konstantino Creates Modern Expressions of Ancient Greek Jewelry

Athens, Greece - Konstantino Sioulas was born in Athens and raised amid the beauty and majesty of one of the oldest civilizations in the world. “My father was a huge influence in my life. He taught me constantly about Greek philosophy, history and art,” explains Sioulas.

Enthralled with Greek history and the rich legacy of Greek gods and goddesses, Konstantino developed an endless fascination with the artisanship of the earliest Greek jewelry designs. “This is why our jewelry is different from any other. Our designs are timeless and universal. They come from the core of civilization and the elements of the modern world,” he explains.

Throughout time, artisans have paid homage to Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty. In his Konstantino's own tribute to this magnificent goddess, Konstantino has devoted a lifetime to creating modern expressions of ancient Greek jewelry. “Greece, for me, is a land of magnificent contrasts. Blinding light and forbidding darkness. Crashing seas and arid farmland. Frenetic cosmopolitan cities amid ancient ruins and lost temples.”

Konstantino continues, “As a boy, my playground was the architecture of the Acropolis, the Temple of Delphi. My village, Melitea, belonged to the warrior Achilles of Troy. Knowing this; that this famous warrior from Greek history had actually lived in MY birthplace had a lifelong affect on me and all these ancient elements are etched in my soul, so every piece I design posses my essence, my experiences, and my passion for Greece.”

Konstantino uses the ancient engraving and etching techniques found in early Greek jewelry. Look for the echoes of history in each piece, feel their timeless craftsmanship and enduring beauty; this is Konstantino.


For Purchase:

Konstantino is available at Neiman Marcus, Sak’s Fifth Avenue and Fine Jewelers throughout the US, Puerto Rico, Japan and Greece.

More information may be found at www.KonstantinoTreasures.com

No comments: